Subject: RE: libssh2 for SFTP

RE: libssh2 for SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:09:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Shangguan, Xuan (FXSGSC) wrote:

>> libssh2_sftp_init()!
>> Unable to init SFTP session
>> all done
>
> [Daniel] Run with a debugger to see why or how it fails?
>
> [Xuan]: Could it be more specific? I have very limited knowledge on using
> debugger.

Developing without knowing how to use a debugger is not a recipe for success.
I suggest you read up. I don't think me first teaching you how to gdb is a
very effective way for me to track down and fix this problem.

> [Xuan]: Yes I built it with the debug switch enabled "--enable-debug", but
> still could not figure out how it produces the debugging info and how to use
> libssh2_trace. An example on debugging will be very helpful for me. Thanks.

There's a man page for libssh2_trace() - doesn't that explain how to use it
well enough? What exactly isn't clear when you read that page?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se