Subject: Re: libssh2 master 8dabb1c... added knownhost.c to makefiles.

Re: libssh2 master 8dabb1c... added knownhost.c to makefiles.

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 01:08:34 +0200

Peter Stuge wrote:
> > > I lack info about who did the commit.
> > > These mails only tell the author of the patch that someone
> > > committed, but it doesn't tell who did the commit -
>
> I'll see if that can't be added to the emails!

I've changed the email script to show Author, AuthorDate, Commit and
CommitDate now. (git log --pretty=fuller instead of the default
--pretty=medium) This will not help the case when a committer has a
misconfigured git however, because the commit they push got bad info
when the commit was created, in their clone. git.stuge.se does not
and must not change commits when they are pushed - when multiple
persons push into a single repo like libssh2.git everyone who can
push can write anything into the repo.

If more control is needed then each person can have their own repo to
push into (on git.stuge.se or elsewhere) and a smaller group of
people (maybe just one?) pulls from those repos into the main one.
This is exactly how Linus uses git - he pulls most Linux commits from
other trees into his tree, which becomes the official tarballs.

I'm happy to set up developer repos for libssh2 on git.stuge.se, just
send me a note.

//Peter