Subject: Re: SCP upload failure

Re: SCP upload failure

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:27:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Jeremy Knope wrote:

Can we please not top-post on this list? Discussions/threads get truly mangled
by this habit!

> I've tried it against a couple OS X machines, a linux VM and a linux VPS so
> far. The only one that worked was the VPS but I'll have to try again to
> make sure. What does seem to work fine is smaller files, those transfer
> fine without hanging.
>
> I'll do some more testing today on more systems and try a few different
> sized files, but it's pretty much 100% failure with the 25M file on almost
> every server.

But you didn't answer if this is 1.2 running on all of those systems.

Then the next question is if they're freezing on the exact same spot every
time? If not exact, roughly the same? What point is that?

Then we can start thinking using libssh2_trace() to track this down. Did you
build with configure --enable-debug? Then we can add a libssh2_trace() with
LIBSSH2_TRACE_SCP and possibly LIBSSH2_TRACE_CONN and LIBSSH2_TRACE_TRANS set.
Those will add a lot of output so if we're unlucky the behavior changes...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se