Subject: [ libssh2-Bugs-2828153 ] Hang in libssh2_sftp_readdir

[ libssh2-Bugs-2828153 ] Hang in libssh2_sftp_readdir

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 01:38:13 +0000

Bugs item #2828153, was opened at 2009-07-28 01:38
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by heymac
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=703942&aid=2828153&group_id=125852

not just the latest update.
Category: SFTP
Group: None

Initial Comment:
First off, thanks for your hard work on libssh2. It's tremendously useful project! I have an iPhone application that uses libssh2 (Briefcase). The current version of it has been pretty solid, using libssh2 v0.18.

I'm working on a bug fix release, and I'm using the git master branch of libssh2. I had tried using the 1.1 branch, but I hit the timing bug where channel reads would sometimes return 0 bytes. That problem is fixed for me, but now I have a new problem.

Now, I'm getting sporadic hangs when calling libssh2_sftp_readdir. This only happens when I'm accessing remote Linux servers (e.g. my Web Faction and Dreamhost servers). Local directory reads of OS X machines on my WiFi network seem reliable.

I tried building my application against different versions of libssh2. It could read directories reliably up until the following commit:

SHA: b95fe985af3c80a2babcaaaf7da69a15b1237c49