Subject: Re: Commit emails, patch authors and git log messages

Re: Commit emails, patch authors and git log messages

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:24:31 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Indeed not. I'm actually still a lot behind on getting up to speed
> with good git habits.

That's fine of course. Hopefully noone feels put down by my comments,
I only want to be constructive.

> I tend to explain my commits but with a more verbose style that
> doesn't necessary sum up terribly good in the first line.

Ok, maybe just put the first sentence on the first line then, and
continue further down.

>> git-am (or git am) is great for applying patches from email, just
>> feed it the mbox file(s) and it does the right thing. :)
>
> Yes, another thing I've not quite learned to use.

No problem. I think the From: is more important, but I completely
agree with your point about not-completely-complete patches.

//Peter