Subject: RE: libssh2: win32 compilation fails with latest git

RE: libssh2: win32 compilation fails with latest git

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:08:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Neil Gierman wrote:

>> http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/*checkout*/curl/lib/Makefile.am?rev=1.150
>
> Looks doable but I have a question. To generate the dsp and vcproj files the
> "libcurl" way, you need to have the GNU make and friends utilities. The
> thing I like about the current libssh2 way is that I don't need any
> utilities that are not a part of Visual Studio to open and build libssh2.

Well, first you can of course do that scripting in something else than make
and accomplish the same thing. One problem is of course that in windows land
there's basically _no_ decent scripting provided by default so we bascially
have to pick one that the user (who wants to generate such a file) would have
to install.

> Or am I mistaken and the dsp and vcproj targets are to be executed by the
> maintainer and the release targets will have the final generated dsp and
> vcproj files?

Someting like that. At least in curl's case, the dsp and vcproj files are
included in release tarballs and in daily snapshots so it's rarely an actual
problem to people.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se