Subject: Re: Bad window size in WINDOW_ADJUST from SSH.COM ssh server

Re: Bad window size in WINDOW_ADJUST from SSH.COM ssh server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 23:55:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009, robs_maillists_at_cotrone.com wrote:

> There seems to be an issue with libssh2 1.1 with SFTP while opening a
> transfer with ssh.com SSH server.

> [libssh2] 1.693161 Transport: Disconnect(2): Bad window size in
> WINDOW_ADJUST.(en)

Ouch.

> [libssh2] 1.337098 Conn: Adjusting window 39321600 bytes for data on

Right. 39321600 is libssh2's current maximum window size it sets.

> sshconn.c:#define MAX_WINDOW_SIZE (16*1024*1024)

So it seem we have a bug where libssh2 decides a failure to set this huge
window is lethal. We should probably make sure that it survives and adapts
properly intead. I mean, even if we would shrink the max down to 16MB we would
still at times face servers with lower maximum so we should still deal with
the situation.

A quick work-around for your case is of course to edit src/channel.c to lower
the window sizes used. If you can work on fixing the issue "properly", I'll of
course be thrilled!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se