Subject: Re: libssh2 with git

Re: libssh2 with git

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 14:01:03 +0200

Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > I've switched to git for my libssh2 development, kindly setup and
> > handled by Peter Stuge for our pleasure.
>
> Will it be possible for others to commit?

Anyone who should be able to push can get access. I could also make
an experimental repo or two if someone wants me to host a sandbox.

Another possible workflow is to work in a separate repo and send pull
requests to Daniel when happy, he then pulls your commits into the
main repo. (That's also how Linus uses git for Linux, he pulls from
all the subsystem maintainers.) I'm not saying it's the way things
must happen here, only that it is an option with git.

> Or is there some automatic syncing between the CVS and GIT going
> on?

No syncing.

There was a question about making the git repo available via CVS
protocol and if there is some demand for that I could set it up.
I think that will be read only though, and I don't know how motivated
I am to do it if it will not be widely used. How many need it?

> There are some MinGW issues I'd like to fix before the next release...
> http://autobuild.josefsson.org/libssh2/log-200905200848821382000.txt

Right.

//Peter