Subject: Re: Strange: libssh2_channel_read() returns 0

Re: Strange: libssh2_channel_read() returns 0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 21:13:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> Right now I'm using a call that reads up to 4096 bytes, calls
>> libssh2_channel_read (in blocking mode) until it returns 0 bytes.
>
> By doing this you should expect to risk hanging a long time on a read at
> times.

bug #2785173 [*] was just filed (and I've committed a fix) and it is certainly
related to this same area. It'd be nice if you retried your code with the
latest CVS to see if you possibly suffered from that mistake!

[*] =
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2785173&group_id=125852&atid=703942

--
  / daniel.haxx.se