Subject: [ libssh2-Bugs-2785173 ] channel_read returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN, no data on socket

[ libssh2-Bugs-2785173 ] channel_read returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN, no data on socket

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 17:42:42 +0000

Bugs item #2785173, was opened at 2009-05-01 17:42
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=703942&aid=2785173&group_id=125852

not just the latest update.
Category: API
Group: None

Initial Comment:
While using libssh2_channel_read_ex(), I found that when the last of the data has been read, the libssh2_channel_read_ex() may return LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN, but a poll() on the socket times out (eventually). I diagnosed this as packets (channel eof and channel close) in memory, but not processed, so libssh2_channel_eof() remains false. Root caused as a "single shot" call to _libssh2_transport_read() in channel_read(). No call to _libssh2_transport_read() should be made unless the caller continues to call the function until it returns a non-positive value (0 or negative). This will prevent it from leaving unprocessed buffers in memory.