Subject: Re: Strange: libssh2_channel_read() returns 0

Re: Strange: libssh2_channel_read() returns 0

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:12:08 +0200

double wrote:
> Sorry for my noob question. I would want to update the
> library without restarting the server.

Sorry, but that's not really very easy. It's the equivalent of
creating a pretty advanced security exploit, it would need a lot of
very careful poking around inside the kernel data structures.

> The problem, the processes still link to the old library (cached?),
> even the file has changed on disk ("ldconfig" didn't not help).

Unless an application loads a dynamic library on it's own and
explicitly supports reloading it at run time, you have to restart the
process. :\

//Peter