Subject: Re: Timeouts

Re: Timeouts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:42:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, double wrote:

> There are tons of old processes on my server. If I send them a sigterm (15),
> the process prints a backtrace and exits. The issue, the backtrace tells me,
> that the process died in the function "libssh2_channel_read_ex" (after
> calling libssh2_channel_exec).

> Is there an easy way to set a timeout to libssh2?

Not really (the way I think you mean).

Without modifying libssh2, you can switch to using it in a non-blocking manner
as then you can do the time-out logic yourself in your app.

But if you want to use the blocking API we need to introduce a way to set a
timeout somehow, and then make the blocking layer understand and use that
timeout. It shouldn't be that hard or complicated, but someone needs to step
up and start working on it then...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se