Subject: [ libssh2-Bugs-1588093 ] libssh2_poll_channel_read()

[ libssh2-Bugs-1588093 ] libssh2_poll_channel_read()

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:02:08 +0000

Bugs item #1588093, was opened at 2006-10-31 19:16
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by bagder
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=703942&aid=1588093&group_id=125852

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I believe the following code demonstrates a bug with
the function libssh2_poll_channel_read(). This function
should return 1 when data is waiting to be read, but
always seems to return 0. In the program below I get a
return of zero, but I immediately and successfully read
data.

I need this function to work properly so I can write a
wrapper over libssh2 so I can use it in a
multi-threaded application.

Chris

--
#include "ssh2_lib.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include "../sock_lib/sock_lib.h"
#define SSH_PORT (22)
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
       int sock;
       char buf[256] = "";
       LIBSSH2_SESSION *session;
       LIBSSH2_CHANNEL *channel;
       const char *server = "apollo.newio.org";
       const char *username = "cnystrom";
       const char *passwd = "********";
       sock = init_tcp_client(server, SSH_PORT);
       if (sock <= 0) {
               return (-1);
       }
       session = libssh2_session_init();
       if (libssh2_session_startup(session, sock)) {
               fprintf(stderr, "Failure establishing
SSH session\n");
               return(-3);
       }
       if (libssh2_userauth_password(session, username,
passwd)) {
               fprintf(stderr, "Authentication by
password failed.\n");
               return (-4);
       }
       if (!(channel =
libssh2_channel_open_session(session))) {
               fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open a
channel\n");
               return (-5);
       }
       libssh2_channel_set_blocking(channel, BLOCK);
       if (libssh2_channel_subsystem(channel, "hello")
!= 0) {
               fprintf(stderr,
                       "error:
libssh2_channel_subsystem() failed.\n");
               return (-6);
       }
       int i;
       // bug: should return 1, but returns 0
       i = libssh2_poll_channel_read(channel, 0);
       printf("i = %d\n", i);
       libssh2_channel_read(channel, buf, 256);
       printf("--\n");
       printf("%s", buf);
       printf("--\n");
       libssh2_channel_free(channel);
       libssh2_session_disconnect(session, "Normal
Shutdown.");
       libssh2_session_free(session);
       close_socket(sock);
       return 0;
}
Comment By: Daniel Stenberg (bagder)
Date: 2009-04-05 20:41
Message:
What exactly are you using/needing this function for? I don't see its
purpose. I would rather like to just deprecate it and not care about it
anymore...
Comment By: James Housley (jehousley)