Subject: Re: the web site

Re: the web site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:39:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> I kind of like the flexibility of a wiki homepage, though, since it (in
> theory) allows more people to more easily improve the web pages. But I also
> trust you will update it often enough to not be a problem.. ;)

Yes I agree that a wiki is the better approach when there's a particular
amount of people involved (which we've at least previously have lacked). But
I'm not fond of having the wiki repeat docs that is already present in the man
pages as it makes us write the same thing in two places and that leads to
inconsistences.

I then rather prefer having the web site updated from CVS/git or similar, and
generate HTML from the man pages to allow all committers to change the site.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se