Subject: Re: For the interested ones: libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fro mfile with no need of the publickeyfile

Re: For the interested ones: libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfileandlibssh2_userauth_hostbased_fro mfile with no need of the publickeyfile

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:49:52 +0100

Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > maybe my suggestion to make the publickeyfile parameter optional
> > is not interesting at all.
>
> I haven't understood exactly when this would be useful?

It's very useful because it means that pubkey auth only requires one
file to function, instead of two as is the case right now. HUGE
usability improvement IMO for all apps using libssh2. Also it makes a
lot of sense because the pubkey is simply a subset of the privkey.

> I could look into implementing this for libgcrypt if you just separate
> the OpenSSL specific stuff into openssl.h/openssl.c. It could also be
> acceptable that the libgcrypt-port does not have this feature until
> someone implements it.

I think the patch will linger until someone has time to fix it up a
bit. I personally want this in libssh2 a great deal for my use case
but I am still not using libssh2 yet so.. :)

//Peter