Subject: Re: [libssh2] How to set env vars

Re: [libssh2] How to set env vars

From: Paul Thomas <thomaspu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:47:00 -0400

Ok, yeah, this def is NOT a libssh2 problem.

 Here I started out on this path because I've been trying to figure
out how to use the library to get X11 forwarding working... So I've
been reading up on x11 forwarding and playing with putty, and noticed
that they always have the DISPLAY variable set, and on my ssh client
using libssh2, it doesn't have that variable set. I'm able to create a
channel and then request x11 forwarding and both functions succeed. I
suppose that creating the variable must be done automagicly

I don't suppose anyone could throw me a few good web links on the
subject of x11 forwarding and/or ssh tunneling.

Paul