Subject: Re: [libssh2] Using libssh2 for lightweight sshd

Re: [libssh2] Using libssh2 for lightweight sshd

From: greyt finn <greytfinn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:16:07 -0500

Thanks Peter,

The problem I'm trying to solve has to do with the inability to perform
domain authentication using certificates on windows using openssh.

My current work around is to run an sshd daemon (as you suggested) as the
user that needs domain access (network drives) and that works ok. The
problem is that is relatively slow to perform remote tasks. My guess is that
not the certificate authentication but the shell invocation.

Since we have an in house client server solution that is 'very' fast but not
secure I was hoping ssh2 might provide a good bridge. I really only need to
know with confidence 'who' is the user at the other end of the connection.

I may look into ssl as well.

Thanks,

-finn