Subject: [libssh2] [ libssh2-Bugs-1826815 ] Uninitialized variables in transport.c

[libssh2] [ libssh2-Bugs-1826815 ] Uninitialized variables in transport.c

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 07:55:13 -0800

Bugs item #1826815, was opened at 2007-11-06 13:50
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bagder
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=703942&aid=1826815&group_id=125852

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have a question about libssh2, especifically about transport.c code.

I'm running valgrind within my program and sometimes it warns me about using uninitialized variables in transport.c. I checked it and I think it really is doing that, but I wanted to confirm that with you.

At line 304 of transport.c, there's: "remainbuf = p->writeidx - p->readidx;". But 'p->readidx' and 'p->writeidx' are not initialized. They are initialized after this line.

Can you confirm this? Is there a reason for this? If there is, could you explain it to me, please?

Thank you for your support and attention.

Best regards,

Rodrigo
royzrj at gmail dot com