Subject: Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.16 hanging on scp copy

Re: [libssh2] libssh2-0.16 hanging on scp copy

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:20:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Dan Fandrich wrote:

>> 2. I've tracked down the hang to being somehow related to the SSH channel
>> window size. I can remove the hang and complete my 90MB download if I apply
>> the patch below. It is very crude and simply cuts out the shrinking of the
>> window size, but I must admit I don't fully understand why the logic works
>> this way.
>
> Apparently, most versions of OpenSSH before (at least) 4.0 had problems with
> changing window sizes. I suggest trying it on a latest-and-greatest OpenSSH
> server.

I'm doing my testing against OpenSSH_4.6p1 (Debian-5), on a Debian unstable
up-to-date machine. So it shouldn't be due to older server-related problems...

I'll need to sprinkle the code with printf()s on the window sizes and see if I
can figure out how it should work since just cutting it out like this feels
like too much guesswork.