Subject: [libssh2] libssh2-0.16 hanging on scp copy

[libssh2] libssh2-0.16 hanging on scp copy

From: Peter O'Gorman <libssh2-devel_at_mlists.thewrittenword.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:25:21 -0500

Hi,
We've got a large file on a Solaris 8/SPARC machine, the file is:
214064 -rw-rw-r-- 1 pogma pogma 109599360 Aug 6 21:44 largefile

The solaris machine is running openssh-4.2.

Tried to copy it to x86_64 redhat enterprise linux 4, and it always
hangs before finishing the copy.

In some cases the recv returns EAGAIN forever and never gets any data,
in others this condition in src/transport.c is met and an infinite
loop ensues:
        if (numbytes < blocksize) {
            /* we can't act on anything less than blocksize */
            return PACKET_EAGAIN;
        }

numbytes in the case I looked at was 4, while blocksize was 16, this
did not change for any iteration of the loop.

I have not tried with sftp yet, mainly because for the same file, from
the same machine on the same network, I get ~10Mb/sec with scp until
it hangs, but only get 160Kb/sec with sftp, the 10Mb/sec is a huge
improvement on the last time I tried, thank you!

I tried with several "small" files (up to about 1Mb) and things seemed
to work fine with both scp and sftp, no hanging.

We configured libssh2 with libgcrypt-1.2.4 and libgpg-error-1.5.

Thanks for any assistance,
Peter