Re: [libssh2] mailing list setup

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:42:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Guenter Knauf wrote:

> this list libssh2-devel_at_lists.sourceforge.net always replies to the sender;
> it seems that the Reply-To field is not setup; is this intended, or just an
> oversight? If the later, can we perhaps change it?

That's the default setup for mailman mailing list and the wording on the
mailman config page strongly advices admins to leave the setting like this.

Personally, I dislike it as well and I always set Reply-To: on lists that I
setup.

In this case, while I co-admin this list with Sara, I have no desire to run
over any previous decisions or desires of hers or of previous admins just
because I have a different personal objective.

I'll appreciate some more comments on the benefits of Reply-To or not. And
yes, there are articles on the net with documents such as "blablabla
considered harmful" but they exist for both sides of this argument so this is
mostly a question of personal preference.