Subject: Re: [libssh2] which version do you suggest to use?

Re: [libssh2] which version do you suggest to use?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:21:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, roberto pulvirenti wrote:

> I'd like to test this library. Please can you suggest to me the most stable
> and reliable version? The last one in the Daniel's home page
> (libssh2-0.16.0-20070719) or the one in the libssh2's home page (2.0.15).

0.15 is the most recent release package, the 0.16.0-series are only daily
snapshots of what's in CVS for the given dates. Of course recent bug fixes are
only present in the snapshots, but of course there may also be new bugs in
them.

> Do you think that the product is enough mature for a possible use in a
> business critical application?

We certainly want libssh2 to be that good and we work hard on making it so.

I believe there already are businesses using libssh2 and I'm quite sure there
are more coming up (not the least due to the libcurl usage of this library).

But of course there are no warranties of any kind so eventually you need to
check this yourself and see if it meets the requirements you have.