Subject: Re: [libssh2] non-blocking status

Re: [libssh2] non-blocking status

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:49:44 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I think I like this idea. It would also make it clearly which functions that
> would work non-blocking since we'd only implement those that truly are...

Ok, let's say I take that approach for functions that currently return
pointers and not just return status integers.

But what do you think about the functions that a) don't need adjustments
(since they already return ints and we can just introduce a new error code
meaning EAGAIN - that's what I've done so far) or b) just require a minor
change like libssh2_sftp_read() that simply needs to return a signed variable
instead of the current size_t ?

libssh2_sftp_read() might need attention anyway since it is documented to
return -1 on error which is hard to do on unsigned variables, and because the
normal read() returns ssize_t and I think this should mimic that.