Subject: Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

Re: [libssh2] Libgcrypt port update

From: Mononen Jussi <Jussi.Mononen_at_comptel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:56:23 +0200

>> Let me know if you have any comments or thoughts on the code, my
>> approach, or whatever.

Hi Simon (and others),

while you are working your way through the PEM file reading would it be
possible to add support for SECSH formatted public keys in userauth.c?

I am about to make modifications to libssh2 version 0.12 in order to use
SECSH formatted public key (OpenSSH vs. Tectia issues). SECSH key files
are not so different from PEM files, but still there are some
significant differencies and thus PEM file reading can not be used
directly.

If support for SECSH keys is added, I could convince our company to
upgrade to more recent version even if it would cause extra effort.

I have also been wondering whether libssh2 will ever catch the RFC
track? At least the early versions of libssh2 were based on internet
drafts and quite many of those drafts are now RFC's
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=show_wg_id&id=1
259). As OpenSSH is the main target for compatbility I can understand
that there is real pressure but still it would be nice to be fully
standard compliant (at least in the roadmap if not anywhere else).

br,

/jUSSi

--
perl -e '$@=[[0,0112,0,0],[0,0101,0,0],
[0,0120,0,0],[0,0110,0,0]];$[=256/8-0x1D;