Subject: Re: [libssh2] Where is everyone?

Re: [libssh2] Where is everyone?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 00:00:29 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Sara Golemon wrote:

> I know a couple of you are up in .se, but not which part.

I can even offer a quick introduction!

I'm a (since some 10+ years) open source hacker living and working in
Stockholm, Sweden. I do consulting and contract development during day-time,
and work on open source projects on my spare time. At times the two get
combined.

I have two kids, a wife and a house.

I'm the main man behind curl and libcurl, and we're currently working on
making the very popular library able to also deal with SCP and SFTP and after
some close and detailed evaluations of freely available SSH libs, I picked
libssh2 as the best contender to work with. And here I am! ;-)

Independently of my (planned) work, James Housley provided patches for libcurl
to do SCP and SFTP using libssh2. His great work saved me from that job
(although it isn't yet quite completed), and I am now instead doing my part by
trying to improve libssh2 further, mainly so that libcurl will do these
protocols even better.